May 10, 2012, Victoria, BC: Calming the Storm

Victoria, BC

British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association

Calming the Storm: Nurturing Interventions for Children with Challenging Behaviours: Children take on the activities of each day with different experiences shaping their mindset. For some children, these experiences can set them up for difficulty in navigating their daily routine and environment. Since behavior is the primary mode of communication for children of all ages, this difficulty typically translates to behavioral challenges. This workshop will detail key triggers for behaviorally challenging children, the diagnoses these children often receive (e.g. ADHD, ODD, and Conduct Disorder), and the feelings underneath these diagnoses that must be understood in order to guide the child through. We will discuss how these various triggers, diagnoses, and feelings impact a child’s ability to cope with daily routines and environments, and will spend time exploring key strategies and nurturing approaches that can be used to help calm the storm.

May 10, 2012

7 Comments

• Clint Gamache | 2012.05.14 at 4:07 PM

Hi Vanessa

I just wanted to thank-you again for your terrific workshop this past Thursday during the BCRPA conference. I was wondering if you could send me the link to the workshop notes please, It seems I wrote the link down wrong.

• lapointepsychology | 2012.05.14 at 5:41 PM

Hi Clint – I’m so glad that you enjoyed the workshop! I’ll email you the link to the notes shortly!

• Denise Skarra | 2012.05.16 at 12:07 PM

Vanessa

I must have wrote down the link wrong and would love to have more information from your session. Your session was great.

• lapointepsychology | 2012.05.16 at 8:41 PM

Hi Denise!

I’m glad you enjoyed the session, I will email the link to the notes to you shortly.

• Kim Knott | 2012.05.25 at 12:59 PM

HI Vanessa,

I really enjoyed your presentation at BCRPA. Would you be able to e-mail me the link to the notes?

Thanks!

• lapointepsychology | 2012.05.27 at 11:08 AM

So glad you enjoyed the presentation, I will send the notes to you shortly!

• Shelanda Ryder | 2012.06.18 at 2:40 PM

I was hoping to get the link to the notes :) Sorry im so late, im just putting togethe my training for my Kids Kamp Program and would love to use some of the points that you poke on in Victoria!